ODSC APAC 2021 Preliminary Schedule Released — See the Details Here
ODSC APAC Virtual is just over a month away. And while we are still finalizing the details of our schedule, we are excited to announce that we have just released our preliminary ODSC APAC schedule, featuring information on many of our confirmed Keynote speakers, talks, workshops, and training sessions. Below we will give you a sneak peek of what you can expect at the leading applied data science training conference on September 15th and 16th.
Day 1: September 15th
The first day of ODSC APAC Virtual will start off with a keynote address by Dr. Denis Bauer, Principal Research Scientist, Group Lead Transformational Bioinformatics, CSIRO. An internationally recognized expert in artificial intelligence, Dr. Denis Bauer has developed open-source bioinformatics software to detect new disease genes, as well as computational tools to track, monitor, and diagnose emerging diseases, such as COVID-19.
Day 1 will also feature expert-led training sessions, workshops, and talks on essential data science topics, such as NLP, machine learning, deep learning, MLOps, and much more. Some of our confirmed training sessions on the ODSC APAC schedule include:
- The Secret Ingredients to Train DeepFakes — Raghav Bali | Senior Data Scientist | UnitedHealth Group
- Data Science at Scale — Hugo Bowne-Anderson, PhD | Head of Data Science Evangelism and Marketing | Coiled and Pavithra Eswaramoorthy | Data Science Evangelist | Coiled
- On Human-like Performance Artificial Intelligence through Causal Learning — Seng-Beng Ho, PhD | Senior Scientist | AI Program & Institute of High Performance Computing
- NLP in Ecommerce — Mathangi Sri | Head of Data — GoFood | Gojek
- MLOps: From Model to Production — Yiliang Zhao, Ph.D | Vice President & Head of Data Science | Openspace Ventures
Confirmed talks include:
- Data Science Supporting Clinical Decision making: What, Why, How? — Karin Verspoor, PhD | Dean, Fellow School of Computing Technologies at RMIT University | Australasian Institute of Digital Health
- How to Operationalize Ethics in Data and AI — Angela Kim | Head of Analytics and AI | APAC Ambassador | Teacher’s Health and Women in AI
- Deploying Optimized Deep Learning Pipelines — Adam Gibson | Co-founder, Creator, Board Member at Konduit | deeplearning4j | Eclipse
Don’t forget to check out our partners at the Virtual AI Expo, including SAS, Microsoft Azure, neo4j, Red Hat, and more.
Day 2: September 16th
Day 2 will kick off with another incredible keynote speaker, Ben Taylor, PhD, Chief AI Evangelist at DataRobot.Over the course of his career, Dr. Ben Taylor has helped pioneer anti-bias mitigation strategies for AI, as well as co-founded Zeff.ai, which was acquired by DataRobot in 2020.
Day 2 continues to offer the opportunity to learn about cutting-edge data science tools from some of the leading experts in the field. Confirmed training sessions in the ODSC APAC schedule include:
- Machine Learning with Spark — A M Aditya | Co-Founder | Xaltius
- Harnessing AI and Knowledge Graphs to Activate Knowledge Discovery in Enterprises — Manprit Singh | Data, AI CTO | Avanade
- Model, Task and Data Engineering for NLP — Shafiq Rayhan | Joty Assistant Professor | Senior Manager at NTU Natural Language Processing Group, Nanyang Technological University | Salesforce AI
Confirmed talks include
- Fairness in Natural Language Processing — Tim Baldwin, PhD | Director, Vice President, Melbourne Laureate Professor at ARC Centre for Cognitive Computing in Medical Technologies | Association for Computational Linguistics | University of Melbourne
- Empower your Organization with Data Driven AI — Carol Hargreaves, PhD | Director of the Data Analytics Consulting Centre| National University of Singapore
- How to Establish a Successful, Sustainable and Scalable Data Science and AI Capability within an Organisation — Dr. Alex Antic | Head of Data Science | Australian National University
Sign up for a free General Pass to experience all of ODSC APAC’s talks, keynote speakers, and the Virtual AI Expo on the ODSC APAC schedule. Interested in our hands-on training sessions? Upgrade to an All-Access Pass.